8.11.2011

August Smeared & Smudge Member Blog Hop


It's that time again! Time for the Smeared and Smudged member blog hop. Want to know what our theme is? It is paint! Yep, we got all sploshy and gooey with one of the messiest (and funnest!) mediums around.
Here is my offering:
I used an image from Smeared Ink's Calaveras Digi Set (designed by our very own Lady Brayton!) - colored with my prisma color markers. The little book was purchased at michael's for like $1 with the intention to alter it. Here is is before I put all the goop on it!



So, I painted over it with white acrylic and then green acrylic paints and heated it up with my heat gun to get the texture you see here. When I applied the paint i left it really thick in areas so that it would bubble up with the heat. My next step was adding the fringe to the inside of the cover with a little hot glue...Then, I went back to the outside cover and used my mulberry marker to highlight the textures over the green paint. I added some velvet ribbon for a tie closure, glued my sugar skull on top...and then made some flowers out of ribbon (for the first time evar! what do you think, freddie?)...and voila!




Don't forget to check out our other members work today!! They've created some wonderful things for you!!

Tori
Madeleine
Jane
Kapree
Sugar
Heather
Dianne
Lisa
Sara
Freddie
Ike
Monique
Lady Brayton

Oh Yeah, and don't forget our 5 DAY ONLY DIGI SALE!!!!! LOTS OF SAVINGS TO BE HAD, DON'T MISS OUT!

15 comments:

  1. This looks soooo amazing! I can't wait to hear the details on it! Truly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori... This is so cool! I love your coloring! I can't wait to read all the details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY nice! The colors and the ribbon flowers are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you have me thinking outside the box on those little books at Michael's that I look at and go... way to cutesy for me! LOL! Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing it with me! Wow... LB drew the Calaveras Digi Set!!! I will have to tell how awesome they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool! I like it a lot.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The altered version is much better! This is so cool! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool Tori! You did a great job on your flowers!!!! Love the Sugar Skull - did you use chipboard? Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great love the sugar skull, fringe everything Awesome
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rocked it! I love the flowers!! Awesome job!

    Freddie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tori this is gorgeous! Fantastic work! and those flowers are really lovely :)

    Fiona. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME - this looks so cool and I love all the textures.
    Hugz
    Ike xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tori- gorgeous! I love repurposing $1 stuff and your flowers are fab with that image. I was anti-skull until I saw the cool ways people have used that set.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the flowers look great! love all the detials!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome job on the flowers!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete