Here is my offering for today...
I chose to work on a small square canvas. The canvas was already black (bonus!) so my first step was to add some texture to it. This is where I used my rubber stamp from Urban Decay (Smeared Ink). I heat embossed it in a gold embossing powder and then added some silver paint pen to highlight the edges. While my paint pen was drying I worked on my other pieces. I used a couple of die cuts that were sent to me from my Secret Sister Valentine (thanks, Monique!) and colored them up. The piece on the to and the cog was colored with my silver paint pen to make them look metallic. I used some blue distress ink on my skull's edges and then highlighted it with the silver paint pen as well.
I set those to the side and started working on my canvas again. I cut out some strips of aluminum (up-cycled a soda can), added some brads, and roughed them up with some sand paper. Then, I super glued them to my canvas.
I also super glued some small washers to the corner....then I took some black acrylic paint and went over the entire canvas. Before it dried, I wiped away most of the black from my metallic pieces. This gave them a pretty worn look. All of this was inspired by a video that was posted in our Mixed Media group (again, thanks Monique!).
So, next i used my paint brush and dry-brushed the black acrylic paint over my cog and top piece so they would also look worn...the I added my string and glued the rest of my piece to my canvas.
This was really easy to do and didn't take me long at all....and I'm actually very pleased with the outcome. Thanks for stopping by - now off you go! The blog roll is below.